It’s 2:46 a.m.
I’m tired but wanted to share this information while an opinion was fresh in my mind.
I just watched Interstellar, a sci-fi thriller that took almost 3 hours of my life. Dramatic, eh? I don’t have a television. I haven’t for years. It was a choice. And I like it that way. I’m never tied to the tv.
If I want to view something, it’s via Netflix, if it’s on Netflix.
Earlier today, or yesterday technically, I completed season 4 of Longmire. And had to search for a new tv show. I ended up choosing a movie instead. And I only picked it because it starred Matthew McConaughey. I’m very out of touch with movies because I don’t have tv and I don’t keep current with “Hollywood business”. I had no idea what this movie was about prior to watching it.
My opinion of Interstellar is this:
- not necessarily boring (there was a brief moment when I considered fast forward)
- not necessarily exciting
- perhaps it was too long
- but I’m not sure it could have been shorter
- I haven’t determined if it was a complete waste of my time yet
- I have ambivalent feelings about it
- I don’t know if I’d recommend it.
- however, the fact that I didn’t turn it off after the first 20 minutes does say something
- I AM glad I didn’t pay to see this in the theater or by renting it (is there even a “rent it” anymore?)
A movie review like no other! 🙂
I’m confident it will be far different from Matthew M fans and maybe I’m writing this too soon, maybe I watched the movie too late, maybe I should let myself absorb it all. But I’m going to hit “publish” anyway!
And now I’m off to b e d. I’ll be back soon with a riveting rosehip post!